Friday, October 25, 2013

Simple dinner - Mooli Roti with Aloo Methi Sabzi

Tonight's dinner was a simple fare - Mooli Roti and Aloo Methi Sabzi. 

Aloo Methi Sabzi


The sabzi turned out just as I expected, the only shortcoming that was observed was that the potatoes had a slightly sweet taste. Some of us could not discern the sweet flavor in the background but for some it was quite pronounced. Very simple flavors and quite easy to make. Same goes for the Mooli Roti

Mooli Roti

Note that I call this particular version the 'Mooli Roti' and not Paratha. The reason is that I did not take the long route - make stuffing, prepare dough, flatten dough, stuff the vegetable mix, seal dough and roll out the paratha. On days when I am hard pressed for time(which is almost always) but still want the taste of mooli I go for this 'Roti'. This simpler process involves preparing the vegetable mix and then mixing it in the chapathi dough itself. 
I shall hopefully post the recipes for both the above dishes sometime soon. As of now I am relaxing on the couch relishing the after taste of my dinner :)



No comments:

Post a Comment