Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Easy Nut Clusters or Fruit&Nut Chocolate


This post is another of my lazy foodie experiments. I had half a slab of dark chocolate left over from last year's birthday gift (CV was thoughtful enough to remember that I prefer dark chocolate, but that was the end of his thought process ;) Hence a big slab of dark chocolate which I was able to chip away at, a little piece at a time, but never got over)
The quality was good enough- 70% cacao, smooth on melting and made a nice 'snap' on breaking. Since there is a definite dearth of delicious fruit and nut chocolates in the market, I decided to use up the dark chocolate and whatever dry fruits I happened to have at home to make my own. In this case it was walnuts and cranberries. Most of the recipes I looked up combined dark chocolate with semi-sweet chocolate chips. Since my dark chocolate was almost bitter I substituted milk chocolate chips for the semi-sweet.
The results were not too bad. Take a look below

Gooey, chocolatey nut and fruit clusters hot off the stove

After cooling off in the refrigerator for 15 minutes

With a drizzle of caramel on top- a delicious variation

Look at all the walnuts - good for the brain too!!!

The delicious clusters were gone in two days! I don't feel sorry about it since the dark chocolate, walnuts and cranberries are so good for my health ( ;D) 

No comments:

Post a Comment