Friday, June 4, 2010

Broccoli-Mushroom Stir Fry



Thanks to the dramas I see on youtube, I want to try more and more Eastern/Oriental recipes. And being quite lazy I look for easy recipes which I can make with ingredients that I have at hand. And my latest experiment is the Mushroom-Broccoli stir-fry pictured above. It is based on a recipe I found on recipezaar.com by PaulaG, but I didn't have all the listed ingredients so I just made some adjustments. The result was still delicious and the recipe is given below.
Ingredients
1/2 cup onions, chopped
8 ounces fresh shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 head broccoli, cut into florets
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 tsp minced ginger
1/2 to 3/4 cup water ( or stock)
Oil for sauteing
Salt to taste

Method
In a wok, heat some oil, add onions and saute for 2 minutes. Now add the mushrooms and stir fry for 5 minutes. Take off of heat and keep aside. Now heat some more oil in the wok and add the garlic, ginger and broccoli. Stir fry for 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Blend the cornstarch, sugar, soy sauce and water. Add to the wok and cook until thickened. Reduce heat and simmer, covered for 5 minutes or till the broccoli is crisp tender. Add the mushroom mixture, stir and take off from heat. Serve with a bowl of sticky rice.

1 comment:

  1. I could not find results and discussion :) Never mind. I will try it Chandu

    ReplyDelete